Wednesday, May 22, 2013

TOM BURNETT MEMORIAL LIBRARY CRAFT SHOW

The craft show and sale at our local library a couple of weeks ago was so much fun. I've never seen such beautiful work from such talented people. One of my favorites was the doll house furniture that I wanted to buy for myself. The lovely pictures made from broken pieces of glass were fantastic. When I break something, I throw it away. This artist formed flowers and other scenes. Lovely. There were so many unique items for visitors to purchase. I wish I had pictures of them to show you, but forgot my camera. Here I am with my books, photo taken by one of the library staff.

 
 
Here's what she wrote about me for our local paper.

Beverly McClure is a writer. She has nine published books for children, teens and young adults. One of the latest books is an e-book, ghost story named “A Pirate, a Blockade Runner, and a Cat”. Beverly is a retired teacher, and used to teach 2nd and 5th grades here, in Iowa Park. She started writing magazine articles about 20 years ago, and her stories were based on what had happened in her class. Now she enjoys writing books ‘full time” and most of them are fiction. If you have read or heard of Chicken Soup for the Soul series, Beverly McClure has her story “Traveler” published in one of them, Chicken Soup for the Soul “What I Learned from the Dog”, 101 Stories about Life, Love and Lessons. Everybody who bought her books during the show also got a chance to have them autographed by the author.
Have a super week. Happy Reading

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment