Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reaching Those Goals

New Year's resolutions have been made. Maybe they've been kept, maybe not. Perhaps they've become a new habit for the new year, perhaps they've been forgotten.

It's easy to always make resolutions and set goals for ourselves. It's not always easy to stick to it. This is not ground-breaking stuff - most people would agree (I would say everyone would agree, but I'm sure there's someone out there who finds sticking to their resolutions and achieving their goals easy, though I never met the person).

One of the places where I set goals for myself is in my writing. That's one of the reasons why I like NaNoWriMo so much. The website provides a place to publicly track how much I've written. Because I like to feel like an achiever, I find it inspiring to have to keep track like that. Consequently I am able to meet the word count goal for November.

Then December comes with Christmas preparations.

Then January and family birthdays.

And suddenly I'm trying to remember what it was like to stick to a regular writing schedule.

But the other day a friend pointed me toward a new website. MyWriteClub. It has just what I liked best about NaNoWriMo a place to set goals and keep track of them. You can also see your friends' goals and cheer them on with comments.

It's new and still in Beta so I'm sure more features will be coming soon. But for now, I've found a way to help me keep track of my writing goals in the New Year (though snow days this week seem to be messing with me). If you want to join and be my friend I'm Christine_Marciniak.

Happy Writing.

2 comments:

  1. I have goals and hope to stick with them. It's not easy. Will take a look at the website. Maybe it will motivate me. Thanks, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty basic right now, but I love the idea of something to help me stick to my goals. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete