Monday, December 1, 2014

Great gifts for the Holidays!

   


That time of year is upon us once again....the holiday shopping season. I have a list of books that would make that YA reader on your list squee with delight. Of course, my books, and the books of other YA Authors You've Never Heard Of, are ALWAYS good for gifts. I can even autograph mine if you contact me directly, since I have several copies on hand of pretty much everything I've written. I wish I had A CURSE OF ASH AND IRON for you, but it's right now getting it's face done (ie: waiting on cover art). Soon, though, my lovelies, just a few more months...



Meanwhile, some you might consider this year...

Baba Ali and the Clockwork Djinn: A Steampunk Faerie Tale. This steampunk retelling of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves is really fun and a different kind of story. If you have a reader who likes Middle Eastern tales, or Steampunk, or retellings, this has it all.



The Unexpected Enlightenment of Rachel Griffin. If you've a Harry Potter fan who has read all the books, this is another one to try. Very different kind of story than HP, but along the same basic lines. Really fun and fantastically written.





The Raven, The Elf, and Rachel. This is book two in the series, so you can give both this holiday season!





Random. A were-shifter book that is out of this world and unlike any other. What if there were OTHER kinds of were-creatures? Ones that didn't always take the same shape? What happens when you're a Random? 

 I will say I am completely biased about this book. It was the first that I actually acquired for Palomino Press, and it is AWESOME. Terrific voice, fast paced, a story line you won't see coming. I cannot wait for book 2 to come out (and 3, but I haven't read it yet), because she GOT ME with book 2. This is my #1 pick for the holidays.



Hopefully I've made your shopping a little easier. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment