Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dangling

I was out driving today, doing errands, and saw a window washer dangling high above the street. I snapped his picture, all the while thinking "I would not want to do that!" But sometimes I feel like I'm dangling nonetheless.

I don't make plans anymore, because they are always changed at the last minute. That used to throw me for a loop, but I've learned to adjust. Having a Special Needs child will do that to you. I've got one moving out, another moving back in for a bit. Stress on both levels.

I'm gearing up for the Ren Faire, where I sell my books (or try to anyway) and for four craft shows coming up in the fall. This year, I swear that I won't leave everything until the last minute - you know, dangling. But I'm already feeling like I'm being lowered over the side of that very tall building, and having to rely on those ropes to hold me up. Will I get everything done on time? Or will it be like usual - a flurry of activity at the last minute?

My writing had also been dangling lately. I've been reading some of my manuscripts, trying to get in the frame of mind to actually write again. But, so far, it's not happening. I'm not sure why exactly. But I feel like some of it has to do with technology. It's moving so fast, I'm having trouble keeping up with it. I'm slowing down, while everything around me is speeding up.

I wonder if that is how those window washers view things from way up there. Looking down on everyone, rushing about, getting here and there, while they dangle in the sky, concentrating on only that pane of glass in front of them. Maybe I need to be like that, too. Just concentrate on that pane of glass, one that one square before me, and let the world rush past below me. Dangling could become a whole new world for me.

JennaKay Francis
www.jennakayfrancis.com
See my Photo at Day at Live Journal: http://jennakayfrancis.livejournal.com/

1 comment: