Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Finding Inspiration Anywhere

This is going to be short and sweet today, we're in the middle of re-doing our living room and dining room and all my creative energy seems to be sapped away.

But I will leave you with this thought.

Yesterday, the day after the bombing in Boston, my daughter's high school was evacuated because of a bomb threat. The kids filled the football stadium, not sure what was going on. It was a nice day and they ended up being out there for two hours.

My daughter's take-away from this: It will give me good stuff to use in a story sometime.

And that's what makes a writer different from other people. We're always looking at our world through the lens of story.

So, what in your world, can you use in a story today?

Can I incorporate stripping wallpaper and pulling up rug into a story sometime? I bet I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment