Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cats and Rats and Elephants...

It is now after midnight - I have just spent the last six hours (after working my regular job) editing an animated video I created for the promotion of a cat shelter I volunteer at. It dawned on me that I had not written my blog - due- yes- NOW - November 3rd which is 13 minutes old. Behind me I am listening to election results- thanking my Voodoo doll that helped make sure a certain nutbasket did not get elected as Governor of my state. Seems to have worked quite well.

I have no specific topic to write about. Or maybe I do.

Burnout.

I like being busy. I love having lots of irons in the fire. OK- now I am having trouble uploading this file to my server so I can let key people see my work. You are getting a real time look into my burnout. I am writing this blog- while trying to upload my files. Neither really getting anywhere. My FTP software says I am connected so why is it not uploading my files???

So this is what happens. You tackle numerous projects - have blog deadlines and toss a few moments of interest into ones civic duty and....my eyes are bleary. My wife is asleep. No- I cannot check Facebook despite the snarky comment by that reactionary...ok- no politics. This is a kids lit blog for $%$ sake- oops - for crying out loud was what I meant to type.

My connection was lost. Great. I cannot use YOUTUBE because my video uses a song that well- has copyright issues. So it would be theft of sorts. Hell- heck- I am a writer we all steal.

Time. Only so many hours in a day. I really need to stop procrastinating this blog. Odd because I am very disciplined as an artist. Ok- I am rambling and I have probably bored you by now. I know I am boring myself. I promise something more - focused - next time. Do I need a graphic image for this blog entry?

Nah-

Connection lost....again...

2 comments:

  1. nteresting blog. We all have those days and nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is frustrating when nothing works the way you want it to. Hope you have a better day today. :)

    ReplyDelete