Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School

Today my kids start back to school.














They are much bigger now than in this picture from several years ago, and maybe not holding hands as they head out the door, but the idea is the same.

Lots of kids have either started the new school year or are about to.

There's always something refreshing about the start of a new school year. The days are getting cooler, the air crisper, there are freshly sharpened pencils lying around... what's not to like?

For many people, more so than New Year's, the beginning of September always feels like the real beginning of the year.

A time to start fresh, to maybe re-invent yourself, a time to take on big ideas.

And that is a nice segue into a bit about my new book, REALITY ALI which is now available to purchase either in ebook or print book format, from Zumaya Publications and at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Ali is starting boarding school. She's not sorry to be there, in fact she's glad to be back with her older brother, Mark, again. But there is one area in her life where she is dissatisfied. Her mother is a famous movie star, but her father has kept her so sheltered that no one even believes them when she tells them. Ali wants to be famous, like her mom. And the start of a new school year, and a new school and new friends, is just the impetus she needs to do something about it.

What she does is get a friends to let her star in a webcast about boarding school. A few minutes every couple of days on YouTube. She hopes that it will lead to bigger and better things.

What it leads to is not what she had in mind. Paparazzi and stalkers were not what she bargained for, but now she has to deal with them, before things get totally out of control.


Ali had a very exciting start to her new school year, hopefully most students will have a slightly more hum-drum experience.

Happy September!

5 comments:

  1. Your kids are so lucky that they start school in September! I wish school like that was for me too now.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course this year they don't get out until June 26th.

      Delete
  2. With my kids grown, and even some of the grandkids out of school (where did the years go?) I really miss all the excitement of a new year, new friends, and the challenges that lie ahead. Even miss teaching sometimes.

    Love the book cover. I hope to read this as soon as I finish the books I've promised to review. Congratulations, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to school can be an awesome time, and I agree it feels more like the start of a new year than New Year. Your book sounds great, too. Congratulations on the book and also on understanding current technology enough to build a story around it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We started two weeks ago but still I remember the excitement of the beginning of school. I was a first grade teacher for fifteen years and I swear the night before I couldn't sleep, worrying if my year would be fab or not. There's just something about the Fall that I still love.

    Congrats on the release of your book, Christine!

    ReplyDelete