Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Shopping List.

Hi all!

Yesterday I took my last exam, in my last class of Graduate School. Now it's all over except for the crying, as they say. I'm just waiting for grades and that little note on my transcript that says "Degree Awarded". Wow, what a relief. Three years and I never thought I'd be at the end. Special Project done, Portfolio done... all DONE!

I get my life back! I can write again! Woo Hoo!!!

And while I am exited to get back to it...I need to take a minute or two to breathe. Watch some TV and enjoy not having to spend every spare minute reading or writing academic papers. Recharge my batteries and rediscover my author-self. If you haven't noticed, I've also been neglecting my promotional responsibilities lately. So here you go.

It's the holidays. And you, like many, are frantically looking for that perfect gift.

Here's my suggestion: Look to the right hand side of this page. That's it... just a little further...there. See all the pretty book covers? With the links beneath? Go and check out the books of all our YA Authors You've Never Heard Of. We've got a pretty wide range of stuff, and it's all great. Even better, you'll be supporting authors and indie publishers -- small business people. You don't even have to buy a physical book. If you buy someone an e-reader, like a Kindle, you can buy them the ebook and send it.

AND... I know I am a member of Authorgraph, which is a really cool site where you can get an electronic signature for those books. Just FYI, I actually physically make the signature for every request. It's not a copied file, but an actual signature, kind of like when you sign the credit card pad at the store. I believe several other authors on the blog are members too. So you can get a SIGNED book even without having a physical book or traveling to meet me! How awesome is that?

And if you really want a signed physical book, well, I could be persuaded. I have some copies here at home, just a few, that I would be happy to sell to you and sign. Just drop me an email. OR I even have some bookplates lying around that I can scrawl my John Hancock on and drop in the mail for you.

So, while I am counting the blessings of this joyous season (and I will be doing some celebrating, don't you worry), I hope that all of you will do the same, and that your shopping is worry-free.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment