Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's That Time of Year

It's the time when people stop and take stock of their life and what they want to do or not do anymore. It is the time of New Year's Resolutions.

There are of course the typical resolutions: Lose weight, eat less, exercise more. At this point, those things kind of go without saying, and are rather continuous resolutions. There are other things which are more goals and dreams rather than resolutions: get a huge book deal with my next book. But that isn't something I can resolve to do and magically have it happen. So what kind of resolutions am I going to make for the next year?

1) Hug my children more. They will be 15 and 12 in the coming weeks and are past the age of spontaneous cuddles. But that doesn't mean we can't all benefit from a few more hugs.

2) Laugh more. It's not that I don't think I laugh enough, but it seems like the kind of thing that I could benefit from doing a bit more of.

3) Get outside more. I need to remember that as fascinating as the world inside my computer is, there is a whole wonderful world out there that needs to be entered into as well. And that could help with the getting more exercise thing too.

4) Accept the fact that I am basically an introvert - and therefore not beat myself up about not being as active in social media as other people are.

5) Write every day. I write most days, it's true. But even a little bit, every day, will go a long way.

So that's my list. What's yours?

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Last year I made a vow to work out more and I did well with that. I do write everyday. I am pushing to have two books out this year (Book two of Adventures of Rupert Starbright "The Secret of My-Myst") as well as a Rupert Starbright Holiday adventure (which I better really get writing on!)

    I want to spend more time with my guitar as well as try to learn Italian (re-learn since I took 4 years in HS).

    Mostly I want to appreciate the amazing blessing I have - especially the greatest wife I could ever hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will post my own list up on January 1st but some of my goals include not beating self up if I don't get an agent. That's been really hard for me.

    Been taking a break from writing these past couple weeks and feel I'm almost ready to get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking. I'm thinking. Will come up with something. :)

    ReplyDelete