There are of course the typical resolutions: Lose weight, eat less, exercise more. At this point, those things kind of go without saying, and are rather continuous resolutions. There are other things which are more goals and dreams rather than resolutions: get a huge book deal with my next book. But that isn't something I can resolve to do and magically have it happen. So what kind of resolutions am I going to make for the next year?
1) Hug my children more. They will be 15 and 12 in the coming weeks and are past the age of spontaneous cuddles. But that doesn't mean we can't all benefit from a few more hugs.
2) Laugh more. It's not that I don't think I laugh enough, but it seems like the kind of thing that I could benefit from doing a bit more of.
3) Get outside more. I need to remember that as fascinating as the world inside my computer is, there is a whole wonderful world out there that needs to be entered into as well. And that could help with the getting more exercise thing too.
4) Accept the fact that I am basically an introvert - and therefore not beat myself up about not being as active in social media as other people are.
5) Write every day. I write most days, it's true. But even a little bit, every day, will go a long way.
So that's my list. What's yours?
Happy New Year!