I suppose it's a little bit cliched to write about being thankful the day before Thanksgiving. But, too bad, I'm going to do it anyway.
So, here are a few things I am thankful for (and lets just assume that the top of the list is my family and my friends and my health, etc and go from there, shall we?)
1) Writing buddies. There's nothing like having someone you trust read your work and give feedback. It's a vital part of my writing process.
2) NaNoWriMo. This month long push to write 50,000 words has gotten me through a few first drafts of stories, when I might have stopped part way through, frustrated that the story was not going where I wanted. By forcing myself to push through, I found the story again.
3) Libraries. I could never afford to buy as many books as I would like to read (as much as I'd like to own them all).
4) The Internet and the way it helps me stay connected with far-flung friends and family.
5) Nice travel days (and it looks like we won't have one today as we head off to family in another state) - so I'll be thankful my car is in decent shape - and I'll be really thankful if we arrive there in a timely fashion.